


We took the family and went up to the hills to take part in the "Pierce Winter Festival". Pierce is a small town of 750 people! This town is small, but they know how to put on a festival.
There was sledding, ice sculpture competitions, games for the kids, HOT CHOCOLATE (of course), hay rides, and this crazy relay race where at the end the contestants jump in the freezing river and submerge themselves...CRAZY!! Thank You PIERCE for your hospitality and a day of fun! Everyone kept telling us to come to the "1820 DAYS" in August...because "that is one you cannot miss!" ( I wonder how it will compare with Orofino's "LumberJack Days"?) SMALL TOWNS ARE GREAT!!!
Maggie's first SNOWANGEL!!

Go Maggie Go!
i would have to agree- small towns are great. we live in a town that has at least 4 parades a year...and they still throw candy! and the kids love it. EVERYONE in town turns out and the parade STILL only lasts 1/2 hour. that looks like a fun festival!
ReplyDeletewell sum...looks like a lot of fun. I have to tell you, yesterday and today I took the kids swimming and came home with a nasty sunburn. I miss the nice cooler weather...snow?? I am not sure of, but it's already heating up here in S. Arizona....dang and it's only Feb.
ReplyDeleteYou will have to let us know if the one in August compares to Peach Days!! I just love our little town, and it seems to be changing every day. There is talk of a theme park and 30 foot hotel. I hope it just remains talk. Sand Hollow will be the happening place if so though. Well happy day!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like everyone is adjusting to the new locale, I am so glad!
ReplyDeleteI tagged on my blog...stop by and check it out. Love ya!
I found you. Hooray! Your family is so darling. I miss having you around. Do you mind me linking your blog to mind?
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun festival! Those pictures of Maggie are hilarious! It looks like she could hardly move with those snow clothes on! Take care.
ReplyDelete