Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Wicked Witch Of The East

Whenever family pictures comes around I turn into the WICKED WITCH OF THE EAST!! I don't know what it is, but I get all tense and stressed out and I loose all patience with my kids! One child is usually smiling and sitting still, one of the other kids is usually hitting the sitting still kid, and the baby just keeps trying to get away from it all (can you blame her?) I find myself bribing them with whatever they want if they will just sit still and smile. By the time the pictures have been taken I am worn out, stressed out, ready for some quiet time, and wondering if it is all worth it? So after all the rucus we are left with one pretty good picture, and two fairly good pictures...is it worth it? Whenever I look back on these pictures I think I will giggle as I remember the whole production and as the years go by I am sure that there will be many more fiasco picture taking adventures, but YES they are worth it!

10 comments:

  1. I can honestly say that EVERY FAmily picture of mine (when Younger) has a story behind it. It's usually...well always about someone fighting right before the photo was taken. I can remember every one of them and it cracks me up to think about it now. Luke loves to hear the stories as well.
    YES..it's worth it. Those pictures are priceless. Gwens photo is wonderful.
    missyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. very adorable pictures. and i do the same thing, so you're not alone.

    we got to see your fam (except you and eph) on friday night. it was fun. so sad you couldn't be there too! we missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is why I didn't do many family (at least children) pictures, which is precisely why Erin thinks she didn't have a childhood...there's no record of it! Cute pictures. We need to get a copy of the three of them together, to put in a frame. We miss you guys, and can hardly wait until we get there in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh summer, those pics are absolutely adorable!! I miss you guys so much. Can you promise me that I will be able to see guys when you come down!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, so worth it! look at those adorable kids. and like natalie said, so sad we couldn't see you this weekend. it was great to see your mom and bros and wives- and niece and nephews. cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute kids! I wish family pictures were less ofa production, then we would do them more often! We missed seeing you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids are adorable! Your pictures turned out great. I miss seeing your cute kids riding around in their little cars and riding their bikes. McKay still talks about "Gwennie" and I love it when he calls her that. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same way, I can't stand getting the kids pictures done, stresses me out!

    ReplyDelete