
I was in the basement the other day and happened to see something move at the bottom of our very deep window well. I inched myself closer and came face to face with a little gray kitten. This kitten was buried under rubble and tumbleweeds and all kinds of junk..poor little kitten I thought to myself...I will free you! I opened the window and pushed our the screen and reached my hand in and around to find that kitten. Suddenly I heard a hissing noise and looked up to see the mother cat giving me a crusty and hissing at me. Well, I just had to get that kitten out of the window well and so I continued to feel around and finally pulled out a black kitten. I was sure that the kitten I first saw was gray...HMMMM. Aunt Mandy was called and she became my partner in crime as we tried to free this little kitten. After feeling around some more and moving more tumbleweeds I pulled out a little gray kitten...where were all these kittens coming from? The Mom cat was still hissing and she was SCARY! I saw more movement and noticed a beige color kitten. I had to go outside and clean out all the tumbleweeds before we found three more kittens down in that window well. That mama cat had 5 kittens in our window well and now they were too big for her to get out. We had a great neighbor that helped us round up all the kittens and then the next day I took them to the Humane Society to be adopted out! They were so stinkin cute I knew that if they stayed at our house too long we would have to keep them all! Will and Gwen and Maggie loved having all those kittens here.
It was a fun kitten adventure for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment